Triggers what do they dont' eat?

I have a angel , a H butterfly , maroon clown. I need these guys to eat some food.
My trigger is eating everything up? any suggestions?
thanks

sepulatian

Originally Posted by 3stripedamsel
I have a angel , a H butterfly , maroon clown. I need these guys to eat some food.
My trigger is eating everything up? any suggestions?
thanks
Yep, get rid of the trigger. He will likely eat the dorsal fin of the heniochus. What sized tank is this and how long have you had each of them?

kjr_trig

What kind of Trigger is it? Is he aggressive toward the other fish at meal time, or just a piggy?

scsinet

Wait until the Trigger goes to one side of the tank, then feed him over on that side...
while he's eating, feed the other side. In time your fish will be conditioned to go to a certain side to feed. I do this on my African Chiclid tank and it works pretty well.
Triggers will eat just about anything. When I had one, I could throw a stack of waffles in there and he'd eat them.

ccampbell57

When I feed my trigger, I spot feed. I get him on one side of the tank and feed him while I drop the food to the others on the other side.
This works pretty well. Otherwise, your other fish will have to step up and take the food back from the trigger.