Troy and Andrews combined diary

T

tracher

Hey guyz im just gona re make this hopefully start taking better care of my fish yesterday i moved the rock a little and added snails and used a bunch of aptasia x i think my clown has brook but i made a thread in fish diseases.... once i rid all of the aptasias im going to ad a bunch of nice acro's and montis :)
for everyone who hasnt seen my old diary i have a 29 gallon biocube obviously
an aqualight 150w hang on light
a cpr aquafuge hob with chaeto and lr ruble
my tank is filled with aptasia
i have a clown a ywg and some star polyps
o yea and i have a clam named clamoo
and soon a mandarin pics soon!

Andrew: one bangai cardinal
some snails
sooon fuge and backpak

edit: pics couldnt get any of ywg

my fts ill try to get a better one later

clown idk whats wrong with her i thought it was brook but idk

ANDREW

snail additions

cardinal

levinjac

Nice do you have a qt and i just got informed that having a mandrin in a 29 biocube is a bad idea because there is not enough room so pods will not form fast enough

T

tracher

carlos said it was fine... especialy since i have a cpr small fuge and ive had my tank for a year i believe someone else here has a mandarin in a 29 too

levinjac

I have the same set up as you and my tank is 3 years old thats 2 years longer than you trust me i really want a mandrin just take a look at this thread
SEE

nikesb

its possible to keep a mandarin in a nano if and only if you can ween him to mysis or frozen foods. its not that hard either. ive seen it done twice by a local reefer.

2quills

Agreed, it can be done under certain circumstances. If you know for a fact that you can get a mandarin that's already been weened to eat frozen foods is one way. Or if you can get a really healthy population of pod with the addition of a refugium is another way. I've read that as a basic rule of thumb that a mandarin needs at least 55g with plenty of liverock with a healthy population of pods in order to do well. But with proper planning it can and has been done with smaller tanks.

T

tracher

and i was gona add some pods but carlos said it was fine bc i have a fuge

2quills

I think the size of the fuge also comes into play. Even with a fuge you may have to seed it from time to time with pods in order to keep the population up. It's something that you'll have to play close attention to. It can take upto a few months for a mandarin to die from starvation so it will rely on you to be ontop of what is going on in the tank.

levinjac

how is yours double the size yet we have the same exact thing i have a fuge and a sump too and a uv they all hold water

T

tracher

changed to comined thread with my bro im about to edit with pics
edit: i will be doing MOST of the posting but my bro might do some if he has questions or ect