TRU light bulbs????

1990jpyj

ok i got a new light fixture for my tank and i was wondering if this brand of light bulbs are any good? they dont seem to be as nice as the corralife bulbs i had before, thats why i asked. i would like to replace them with something nice because they look cheap and almost look used. so i will need new ones to start of my corals with.

1990jpyj

o yea sorry they are T5HO. i got them with the lights i ordered from that site you gave me. and i was wondering if they are any good? if there not i would rather replace them now before something bad happens later.

05xrunner

I wouldnt say they are BAD..but there are much better bulbs out there..I just changed out 1 actinic and 1 10k for 2 ATI Blue+ bulbs...they have much better color and PAR. gives me about a 14-18k color.
I will probably change out the other actinic and 10k with a ATI Aquablue Special and a UVL Aquasun 10k

1990jpyj

ok these are what i am thinking about buying some time this week:
2 of -UVL 46 Inch T5 V-HO Super Actinic Bulb 420NM (54W/85W)
2 of- UVL 46 Inch T5 V-HO AquaSun Bulb 10000K (54W/85W)
what do you think?
i like a white light color in my tank, not so much blue. but i dont want to buy bulbs that wont work out very well together.

05xrunner

i would go with a
ATI Aquablue special
UVL AquaSun 10k
ATI blue+
ATI Aquablue special or the UVL Aquasun 10k
I would say that should give you ALOT better par and better light. with the extra Aquablue you might have a very slight blue hue and would help make those corals pop a little better. the 10k would give more towards the white.