Trying to adjust skimmer...help please!!!

monalisa

I've had my skimmer in for about 3 weeks, and I've noticed that I've only had to clean the collection cup one time (didn't need it, but I was doing a water change anyway...). Tonight I thought that maybe I should adjust the darn thing, working with collection cup height and valenti valve adjustments...
Ok, well I did that. After only one hour I went over to investigate, and foam was coming out of the holes in the collection cup cap (only one hour). I emptied the cup (geez, I didn't think my tank had it in it!!)...peeee uuuu. So anyway, what do I do? adjust the height of the cup or adjust the valenti valve...I need answers soon, as I have to get to bed to work in the morning... :help:
BTW, my skimmer is an Odyssea pro pack, very, very similar to a CPR back pack...
Lisa :happyfish

jasenhicks

IF its foaming that much, then great... its getting all the crap out! But you can always adust the VENTURI to limit the amount of skimming it gets done... i would reccommend adjusting it so that it will skim a little bit while you are gone, and then a lot while you are home until it gets most of the protiens out.

monalisa

Thanks Jason,
I've readjusted what I think I can, and I've been keeping an eye on things, I think I have it to a more managable rate. I've been really happy with this skimmer, but I've also noticed that I haven't been getting anything in the collection cup for cripes sake!! Well, it's definitely working now!!! Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Lisa :happyfish