Tube Anemone ?

sailfin

Thanks. I did a little research and discovered that they are completely nonphotosynthetic. I'll be sure and spot feed.
:)

hagfish

dillybobs, how did you have it placed in rock? Did you just set it on a flat rock and leave it at that? I was under the impression they needed a sand bed as well.
I have CC, not sand so I made a false sand bed out of a PVC pipe and put the anemone in their. I basically followed instructions from a poster on -- I think.
It's doing well, but it's hard to hide the pipe. It might not look so bad once some algae grows on it to make it look more natural.
I'm just curious because I haven't been able to find tons of info about these. Everyone seems to be afraid of them. So far, mine isn't the killer that I've read about though. It does eat like a horse though.

squidd

Mine Is fine on a Bare Botom Tank...
Before this he was on a CC bed and then a Tahitian Black sand bed...

hagfish

Are you just laying it on it's side on any/all of those substrates? Or are you putting it under a rock or digging into into the substrate each time? Has yours moved around much?

squidd

In the BB it's just laying on it's side...
In the CC and Black sand, I "partially" burried it , but it has never moved even on the BB..

bwmichael21

I have two near the front on my tank barried in the sand. I really don't see how having them in crushed coral would be a problem at all. I've seen them simply lying in a tank with no substrate on the glass. The reason i barry mine is due to the fact that i don't find their tube to pleasing to look at. Mine have to be atleast a couple years old now so i think their pretty hardy.

squidd

Originally posted by
michael21

... The reason i barry mine is due to the fact that i don't find their tube to pleasing to look at. ...

They are are even "less pleasing" to pick up and move...:eek: