Tunicates???

fishygurl

Ok i have a tunicate which i got for free (because he didnt think it would survive) that was about 1"X 2" and now after a few months (maybe 4) its grown to about 4"X5"
I have no idea how to care for it. But it is my favorite thing in my tank.
Here is some stuff i know about it:
It feels REALLY squishy like i was touching jelly or creamy butter or something i dont really know, kinda like gelatin.
Mine is like black ish-dark purple as far as its base part but then there are a ton of holes/tubes that are white, and then bigger holes/tubes (not as many) that are the dark purple ish color.
It grows like an encrusting monti or something like that, where the tubes arnt sticking out all over the place, but they are all perfectly alligned next to eachother as tho they are one thing.
When it doesnt like something, or is wanting something (i dont know) It starts to disentigrate, the guy i got it from only had really small ones and he gave me the biggest one and all of the ones he had are gone, and mine is 'disintegrating' so its not liking something.. or not getting enough of something.. or its life span is like up..
I just cant really find that much info about them, So if anyone has any ideas, or info please share!