Tunze Nanostream powerheads

kelly

I got a SEIO 820 for Christmas, and I am thinking about getting one of the Tunze Nanostream powerheads, probably the 6045 rated at 1,189 gph. Does anyone have one of the Tunze powerheads, and how do you like it. It will be going in to a 75gal reef tank. I am planning on keeping sps shortly, and need to increase the water flow.
I could also get another SEIO 820, but thought the lower wattage of the Tunze would be nice.
Thanks,
Kelly

catawaba

Love my Tunze. Silent, low wattage, low heat production. Great water movement. Worth the money!

kelly

Thanks, anyone familiar with the KORALIA line of powerheads? I know they are new and I have only found 1 U.S. source for them. I could not find any specs on the size or wattage.

mbx5

I love my Tunze! On my old 72 bow I had one 6000 stream and now on my 150 I have 2 6100's. One of the best things I have put in my tank.

fbm

Originally Posted by Kelly
Thanks, anyone familiar with the KORALIA line of powerheads? I know they are new and I have only found 1 U.S. source for them. I could not find any specs on the size or wattage.

Not out yet.
However I have a tunze 6025 and 6045 and they are outstanding. 2 year warranty with them as well. They blow so soft I wish I would of just got 2 of the 6045's I think.

fbm

The more I think about it 2 6045 would probably be too much for me. I have a similar tank being a 72 gallon. Do you have overflow built in? Maybe get one of each or just get one 6045 and see. It is really cool how much they blow. It does take a few minutes to get the tank circulating once you plug them in.
Also you cannot stop and start these on a timer. They need to be run constantly however this is not a problem because of how soft they blow.

kelly

Just ordered a Tunze NanoStream 6045, actually it was backordered, they said it should be in sometime this month. That will give me about 27x turnover. If I base it on actual water in the tank, more like 40x. I recently picked up at Tek 5 light system with 6 bulbs, hopefully that should be enough for sps.
Thanks for all that help that has been given in my behalf

fbm

Where I got mine he had 7 6045 setting on the shelf and his prices are as good as anywhere on line. His shipping is resonable as well. If you wan't the link you can email me and I will give it to you. dlake7@neo.rr.com