Tunze pumps

chaos

I just FINALLY received the Tunze Turbelle pumps and multi-controller I ordered so long ago. I ordered the 6000 pumps (2) for my 90 and the magnetic holders so I wouldn't have to fiddle around with trying to mount the pumps the other way. Got tired of the maxi jets falling into my reef. Anyways, eventually figured out how to attach the pumps to the magnetic holders, assemble all the parts together, and get them into the tank. Plugged it in and WHAMO! My God, the flow from these things is amazing! Too much flow for my 90. I took the pumps back out and discovered that they sent me the 6100's instead of the 6000's. I have tried turning back the screw to decrease the flow, but it is still pretty intense. Haven't gotten the multi controller hooked up yet because I was still waiting for the 6100's to arrive for my 150. The multi-controller will control all the pumps. I'll hook up the multi-controller tomorrow even though the rest of the pumps haven't shown up yet.
Question is...do I return the 6100's and wait for another 2 months for the right ones or try to make these stronger ones work in my little 90? Maybe if I only used 1 of them instead of 2? How do I make a wider flow pattern with these stream pumps? It seems to be coming out in a pretty straight line like other pumps do. Maybe because the tank is so small that it doesn't have a chance to spread out before it hits the far wall? Will the controller make any difference? I want to have good water flow, not blow my corals to pieces.
My tanks are several years old and I have a reef (softies and LPS) in my 90 and a FOWLR in the 150. Also have a 120 fuge and a huge filter/sump. All water shared by all tanks.
Any advise?

tony detroit

I'd keep the 6100's and turn them down with the multicontroller. That will override the screw on the driver itself.