Turbo Snails and cycled tank

bragru

Yes the tank has cycled.
What is DI?
Very knowledgable salt water source at local pet store.
Cannot find any traces of anything he can test for (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, etc.)
Can put in RO cheap enough (I am a plumbing contractor) but would just like to do this as simple as possible.
Will add it only if I have to.
Is the live rock now destroyed because I have added this so called bad water?
Thanks for your response

B

blackaero1

Originally Posted by Bragru
Yes the tank has cycled.
What is DI?
Cannot find any traces of anything he can test for (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, etc.)
Can put in RO cheap enough (I am a plumbing contractor) but would just like to do this as simple as possible.
Will add it only if I have to.
Is the live rock now destroyed because I have added this so called bad water?
Thanks for your response
While I can't answer all of your questions one I can is DI is deionized water. You can go to one of the many

[hr]
sites and pick one up for a decent price. I got an RO/DI unit for my house and it was less than 150 dollars.
Snails-Another thing to consider and this is just a shot in the dark for me is I have been told copper is a bad thing for snails so if you have copper in your water you'll have to figure out a way to remove it. Bear in mind my comment about copper is not a very educated one as I'm a newbie to the SW spectrum.

dmjordan

Originally Posted by Bragru
no ph??? :notsure: should be between 8.2 and 8.4.... the others (ammonia, nitrate, nitrite) are good with a 0 reading

sepulatian

I am going to take a guess that this post is about the snails dieing? How many snails were there and how old is your system? Copper will kill the snails, but they might just have not had enough to eat if the system is new.