TurboFloater 1000 Hang-on

davec

I have had this skimmer on my tank since the start, its a 125 gallon reef tank, the pump that came with it was a Rio1700, it just stops alot and you have to wack it for re-start, I changed to a Rio2100 and still the same, I am beginning to believe the Rio pumps are not of a high quality..skimmer works great when pump is working, question is has anyone found a good replacement pump, the special impeller wheel that comes with the skimmer only fits rio pumps, it may fit others but would have to buy one to find out..I have a mag return pump which works great and have never had a problem with it but the special impeller wheel does not fit the mag pump and also the connections don't exactly fit quite as nice as the Rio pumps, the rio just slides into the connections of the skimmer no piping required other pumps would have to be re-piped somehow...I don't want to get another skimmer just another pump that will work, the palm of my hand is getting sore from wacking it(no pun intended)..thanks in advance
Dave