turf scrubber cost

ibew41

how much does your system cost to build and run? what size tank is your scrubber on.I had one on my 75g tank and maybe it was to small for my system.

mproctor4

Not sure what my scrubber cost to run? Just the electricity for a pump and 2 lights. Mine is on a 120g. Too soon to say how effective it will be. It has only been running for 4 weeks now but I have good growth on the screen and one type of dark, thick algea is almost gone.
Cost:
pump =$26 (including s&h)
2 light bulbs = $13
1 light fixture + $5 (I already had one)
screen = $1
Pvc pipe and elbows $3
Grand Total $48.

ibew41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproctor4 http:///forum/thread/383721/turf-scrubber-cost#post_3358033
Not sure what my scrubber cost to run? Just the electricity for a pump and 2 lights. Mine is on a 120g. Too soon to say how effective it will be. It has only been running for 4 weeks now but I have good growth on the screen and one type of dark, thick algea is almost gone.
Cost:
pump =$26 (including s&h)
2 light bulbs = $13
1 light fixture + $5 (I already had one)
screen = $1
Pvc pipe and elbows $3
Grand Total $48.
what wattage lamps and do you run 24/7

mproctor4

My bulbs are indoor/outdoor spot lights, 75w. SantaMontica is recommending I use spiral 33w. I am going to have to do some research and figure out exactly what bulbs I need (I am clueless about that). He also recommends to use the light reflector, so I am going to put mine back on and give it a try. I have them on a timer to run 18 hours a day. I read somewhere
there was no additional benefit to running them 24/7.