Turn on the UV yet???

ok i have a 20 gallon(long style) with 21 pounds of fiji live rock, 2 power heads(a rio 50 and rio 180) and 40 pounds of live sand, after cycleing the tank last night i started getting a clean up crew(which consist of 8 snails and 4 red leg hermits with 1 pepermint shimp and more to come) however i orginally got my uv sterlizer for protection of disease , when i set up my tank(march 29th) i knew that it wouldent be a great idea to have the uv sterlizer on during the cylce, i been leaving it off and now since i have a nice algea bloom and the cycle is done if it would be okay if i turned on the uv(i think im answering my own question but just want others oppions)
also on another note i ordered a remora protien skimmer along with various other foods (couldent get the prism due to size)
i cant wait till i get it

moy

Just like a proteim skimmer you should not use the UV Filter in the cycle period. If your biological load is stable then should you use the filter. Hope this helps a bit :p

guppie

If the cycle is done then turn it on. It will help with the algea bloom. Yes you were answering your own question. Good Luck