Two different clownfish in same tank

jenbren106

I have a tomato clownfish in my tank just a few days ago I got a ocellaris clownfish, I know I should of done my homework first the worker there said it would be ok to put them together but after reading online I saw that you shouldn't put them together the tomato clownfish is being aggressive I think he comes up to him and pushes him looks like he is biting him but no bite marks he keeps on hovering on top of the ocellaris clownfish almost touching him is there anything I can do like bring another fish in the tank to try and neutralize the situation? Please any answers would be helpful. Thank You.

rainbow grouper

I say you should take one of the clowns (preferably the tomato clown) back to the store for store credit. Oh and welcome to the site

btldreef

Tomato clowns are one of the more aggressive species of clowns and as the Ocellaris submits more and more, the Tomato is just going to take advantage of the situation. The Ocellaris is going to die if one of these is not removed from the tank. Honestly, I suggest removing the Tomato, as they can be aggressive to any newcomer to the tank, not just another clownfish.
Good luck!