Type of Skimmer?

805puffer

Hi, i wanted to know what would be the best protein skimmer for a 110 gallon. Price range no more than $200. thank you

fbm

Coralife super skimmer with the needle wheel. 145 or so delivered to the house. Best skimmer for the money IMO. Great customer support as well.

fishieness

are you looking for a HOB or insump skimmer?
a used ETSS reef devil delux would be awesome. i REALLY want one.... but i dont have a sump :(
so now to get a good skimmer i'm goign to have to dish out the money for a deltec MCE600

hurt

If you are looking for an in sump skimmer, I would definitely buy an Octopus skimmer. You will not beat it for the price and it will skim circles around any coralife model. I paid $180 for mine the (NW-200 on sale now, Google: OctopusSkimmer or ASMSkimmer) and it has an 8' diameter and is 24' tall. That is only 1/2 an inch smaller in diameter than the ASM G4 and yet it is only a little more than half the price of a G4. Also these skimmer are made from cell cast acrylic something the likes of deltec, euroreef, BM, BK can claim. Not the cheap extruded PVC you see with ASM, coralife, or red sea.
Here are a couple of pictures of mine in action. The collection cup was just emptied 2 days ago and this is only on a 55g
HTH

mudplayerx

Coralife Super Skimmer. Great skimmer for hang-on or sump. Make sure your sump water level doesnt fluctuate though, as that is the biggest cause of inefficiency for in-sump skimmers.

puffer32

Originally Posted by fishieness
are you looking for a HOB or insump skimmer?
a used ETSS reef devil delux would be awesome. i REALLY want one.... but i dont have a sump :(
so now to get a good skimmer i'm goign to have to dish out the money for a deltec MCE600
You won't be sorry, a good skimmer is the one piece of equipment i would never go half way on.