Typh III? Dual home/reef?

pohtr

I was all set to come online and order the Typh II and now I see Typh III and no Typh II. Also there seems to be a dual home/reef set up but nowhere can I find the actual info on it, like how much more it is. That sounded like a great idea, (since I am NO plumber) supposedly it has the faucet and holding tank and fittings and whatnot.
Does anyone know where to find out about it and where to get one?

jasenhicks

i have the one thats not for home... bc i dont care about the water i drink, just the water my fish swim in... check out AIRWATERICEdotCOM

oceana

i use the typhoon3 and love it. it has a ro bipass for home use all you need to get is a few extra parts. call them they are very nice and will sety it up anyway you wanty with no problem.

pohtr

Hmm, I was thinking that the dual home/reef set up was made by Typh. So now there are TWO choices: Typh II with extra parts adding up to about $300 or the dual home/reef with all of it for about $200. That is if you want a holding tank for the drinking water.
JasenHicks, so your fish's health comes before your own?

Oceana, call how? No-one has a phone number....all I find are email addresses.

jasenhicks

Ive been drinking city water my entire life, with no ill effects... the fish havent. I buy into the George Carlin bit on why kids are always getting sick, because they dont get exposed to germs anymore.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
T III and the home reef are manufactured by airwaterice.
I own the home/reef and I'm very satisfied, but to install the home drinking water there is some plumbing involved because you have to plumb it to your home water supply, install that faucet if you want to use that. I didn't use the faucet, I installed it to my icemaker and drinking water dispenser in the refrigerator.

hurt

Typh II with extra parts adding up to about $300 or the dual home/reef with all of it for about $200.
I bought my Typhoon III (5-stage) off the above mentioned site for $200.

oceana

i paid 219 for mine after shipping and then spend another 67 bucks at HD for the parts needed to install the drinking water portion

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Which one did you get? I didn't need to spend anything on extra parts and it was under $200.

oceana

i got the typhoon III
it was 199 plus shipping but then i went and bought a faucet and tank that i hooked up the the di bypass so that i could use it for drinking water

pohtr

So, is the Typh III enough better than the dual home/reef to justify the extra cost?
And does anyone know a phone number for Air, Water & Ice?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Please use google to find it, since we are not supposed to post up store info here. It is not a problem to talk about manufactures, but lets not push the issue with store info.
Also, why buy a system then do a diy hookup for drinking water when they already make a system for that? :thinking:
If you want a combo system then go for the home/reef. If you don't need drinking water, then go for the TIII.

oceana

Originally Posted by Beth
Please use google to find it, since we are not supposed to post up store info here. It is not a problem to talk about manufactures, but lets not push the issue with store info.
Also, why buy a system then do a diy hookup for drinking water when they already make a system for that? :thinking:
If you want a combo system then go for the home/reef. If you don't need drinking water, then go for the TIII.

main reason was i did not plan to use it for drinking until after i bought it but also because i wanted the full size DI unit. the home and reef model has the small one.

sleasia

I haven't been using ro/di water. I filter tap water with carbon, treat for chlorine, chloramine then adjust alkalinity and mix with salt.....Now I bought a typhoon III, are there any considerations I have to know that are obvious to you but not to someone who has never used an ro/di??? I get my typhoon III filtered water in a big trash can, then mix the salt to desired salinity, then adjust alkalinity with a buffer. mix for a couple of days until salt is given time to dissolve adjust temperature and then its safe to add to the sump ??? Is that all I do ? Is there anything else you should do? thanks everyone.