Typhoon III or Dual Home/Reef

salt newbee

Do any of you have an opinion on this?
Which is of better water quality Typhoon III or Dual Home/Reef?
I just want to make sure I get what is best for my tank.

maeistero

i love my typhoon. easy to hook up, use and versatile if you want to change the way it's hooked up. extra di filters are also easy to throw on later.
not familiar with the other.

al mc

I have a total of 4 RO/DI systems. I like the Typhoons. I am not familiar with the other brand..maybe someone else will also give an opinion.

salt newbee

I think I am leaning to the Typhoon III, but then I saw the Dual Home/Reef on the same site so I thought I would ask. THanks for the help.
he Dual Home/Reef is a six (6) stage RO/DI (Reverse Osmosis/De-Ionizing) reef keeping system that uses a 50GPD (Gallons Per Day) FilmTec Membrane for truly great water quality and production rates.
This model has been designed from the ground up to provide absolutely pure, lab grade RO/DI water for your reef, while at the same time providing you with a constant supply of exceptionally purified RO drinking water. With (2) seperate outputs already provided, you will never have to fuss with the connections, as with other systems.
This unit comes with a professional, permanently set capillary flow restrictor crucial to the performance of this unit, as well as the life of your filters. With all of the built in features like the automatic shut off valve and system capabilities, this is truly a "plug-n-play" unit that will provide you with everything you could ever want in a water purification system!
Stage 1A high capacity, durable and long lasting sediment filter.
Stage 2An acid washed* Gem coconut carbon block filter that removes up to 99% of chlorine.
Stage 3Another acid washed* Gem coconut carbon block filter that removes the remainder of chemicals and chlorine, rated for 7,500 gallons of water. Together, the two carbon filters assure that chemicals and chlorine have been removed providing high quality water and protecting the most expensive part of the unit (the FilmTec membrane**) and all of our carbon filters are phosphate free to assure water purity.
Stage 4A 50GPD FilmTec membrane that removes the majority of TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) such as bacteria, viruses, arsenic and mercury.
Stage 5RO Side -- A 10" in-line carbon filter for further purity.
Stage 6DI Side -- A DI filter that removes whatever remaining TDS may have been left behind by the RO membrane, thus resulting in the purest water possible.

maeistero

my thoughts went to this direction after home dep0t management...
most whole house filters only replace one filter every couple years. i use more than a few pretty freakin' big filters in my typhoon every couple months. i don't believe in whole house filters for tanks. they do some, but not enough.
i would rather take a shower, water my lawn or bathe the dog than waste the water and time on a whole house setup.
opinion of course, i don't know how rich people are.

extremepcs

I just purchased a Typhoon III 2 months ago. It has been working great so far. My TDS at the tap is about 180. 0 coming out of the unit.