typhoon III

timsedwards

yes it will remove some of the silicates IMO, but not all of them. To get an Ro/DI that will remove most of them I would recommend the Kent Hi-S systems, they remove about 99% of silicates i believe.
Also remember that silicates are an essential part of the reef system, so you really dont need to remove all of them.
Tim.

gatorcsm

I have the Typhoon III and it removes pretty much everything by the time the water goes through the DI. Every unit will do the same thing, kent, airwaterice, etc. Just how well they are constructed really. The DI resin (cation/anion) will all do the same job in the end. Really the only big deal is if you only have an RO membrane with no DI. Then you might see a bigger difference from unit to unit.
You have pretty much what is considered "pure" water once it has gone through a DI. The pure water designation usually is given to anything <1ppm, however < .1ppm is usually ideal for scientific use.
So the short of it all: Using DI water prob won't add much of anything to your tank except for a compound of Hydrogen and Oxygen.... :)