Underwater Camera

marco333

I am going with a group of friends on a scuba diving trip for our senior project. We need to incorporate a research project into our trip, and need to take pictures of what we see. We want to buy a good underwater camera, but one that is not too expensive. We are lookin to pay up to 500$. We found one online for 500 called the Sealife DC500. Does anyone have any expierence with this camera? Does anyone have any suggestions on a good camera to get?
Thanx

dingo0722

I have a Fuji Fine Pix F440 which is a small digital camera. When I go diving, I put it into a waterproof case that is designed specifically for the F440. It takes awsome pics, and is water proof down to 150ft. The setup would cost under 500. I am sure you could find the camera online for under 300. Its the best of both worlds, a good digital camera for every day use and an awsome underwater camera. I have found that the cheaper underwater cameras are subpar, offering low resolution, features ect.

sleasia

I have not gone diving in years...but when I did we housed our camera in an underwater case, took awesome photos and had no problems with leaks.