Unexpected fish death...any explainations?

sfl01208

First off the parameters...
pH 8
Ammonia (takin immediately after dicovered missing) 0ppm
Phosphate .5 PPM
NitrIte 0
NitrAte 15 ppm
Calcium 480
hydrometer reading 1.024
These levels have been consistent for a really long time. And other than a new addition I havent had any sort of death in a good 9 or 10 months. It was one of my perc clowns that passed away this weekend. The other perc is fine, as well as the other 4 or 5 fish. I just dont know why this one fish would die. Both percs I have had for over 11 months in my tank. They were starting to get big(ger) and they got along absolutly great. No anenome but they hosted an empty clam shell most of the time. Neither of them outgrew the other so I dont know what was up with their ummm --- lives??? But does anyone have any idea why just one of my fish would mysteriously die?? THanks

R

reeffer

could it have been they uumm not existent --- life :thinking: that would kill me..
no but really im sorry, it may have just been his time...
my LFS does a kind of autopsy (spelling) to see if there were and worms, infections, etc..for free, it has to be fresh though, or border line dead is even better,..

vanos

How long do they normally live? Sometimes you just can't explain it. Just go out and buy another fish.