unhappy flame scallop

mullin22

My flame scallop does not look good. It keeps moving around from place to place. He did attach himself for a long time. Now it is everywhere. Any ideas.

T

tizzo

Flame scallops are never happy (in captivity). They need some nutrient that we (as humans) have not identified yet, or are unable to reproduce it in the foods we give our filter feeders. Your flame scallop is needing some nutrient that you are unable to provide, and as a result his health will diminish.

goldenboy

I've had mine for over a year now....I spot feed it phytoplex. It stays hiding all the time, and everytime I move it, it hides moves to the back.

rasnme

I've only had mine for 4 months now but seems to be happy as can be, has never moved from where I placed him (fireball) might move back alittle or foward just a bit.. I feed all my filter feeds Kent marine Micro-vert 3 times a week (seems to work for me):cheer:

spicyballs

unfortunately, flames have a relatively short lifespan.. but they def like to move around until they found a spot in the rock work where they will no tbe bothered by the other inhabitants.