update of my 100G, color intense pics!!!

murph145

just shot some pics tonight and wanted to share them see what people thought... this is my 100 gallon reef i have lots of different things in there hope u enjoy the pics and the diversity of animals !

murph145

yeah they are starting to grow and they are soaking up calcium like crazy time for a reactor i cant keep up with the dosing and its costing alot for the mix
thanks for the compliments everyone
a pic of my yellow plata with peach tips its doing very well
then a few pieces i have to mount somewhere in my tank but havent had a chance some nice orange monti cap and some nice orange zoos and some kinda green branching arco

harlequin

What kind of lighting is on that tank out of curiousity? It looks very blue or is it the camera used? Very nice tank though. People like you keep making me want to start a new reef tank heheh.

murph145

Harlequin
im using 2-250W DE HQI MH bulbs with PFO pendants and ballasts
and then another 180W of 6500K & 10K PC combo to even out some of the blue....
looks more blue in the pictures then in real life!

escape2thewater

Lookin' good as ever murph! You will love your monti cap if youve never had one before. You might remember I got mine about 3 months ago & I love them! They grow sooo fast for an sps. They are awesome, new on my favorites list. Good luck with yours!
Escape

murph145

thanks escape!
i tried one once when i first got into sps but i think it was already bleached when i got it and it didnt last some algae overtook it but it should be fine im hoping since ive introduced many other sps corals since then and all are doing very well
as of current i have the orange monti cap frag, yellow with purple polyps encrusting monti, green stag, baby blue stag, yellow with peach tips plata, nice lavender humilis, some purple tipped acro, a tri-color acro, green bali slimmer frag, some other acro frag i dont know what it is green branch color with pink tips, and my red milli.... all are doing extremely well and are growing so i hope the cap does well too its a nice bright orange

escape2thewater

Murph,
I have learned that like you said, some sps may be doomed before we even get them home. I bought a beautiful bright blue acro about a week or two after the monti's. It was almost a flourescent neon blue, and it bleached and died just a couple weeks later in my tank. All my other sps' are still doing just fine. All params are fine. Some crazy stuff for sure. I dont have too many sps' only some blue acro, my red, green, & purple monti's, green hydno's, and green staghorn. I got a little bit gunshy after that neon blue acro bleached on me. Ill try to post a recent pic of my tank tomarrow sometime. Yours has come a long way though, I tell ya, its amazing to see how they change over a few months.
Escape

escape2thewater

I almost forget to mention, I have lost a few sps' to algae too! I lost 2 purple tipped tri-color acro frags & my first bright blue acro last summer during the aftermath of hurricane charley. I already had the beginings of a hair algae bloom then during the week of running on generator power, it got outta control and killed my sps. It only takes one "hair" to wrap around a frag and kill it...Hair algae sucks!
Escape

murph145

yeah deffinately!
when i look at pics of my tank 6 months ago its totally different ive done so much since then!!
how fast do your monti caps grow???
i think im pretty much done getting corals for my tank lol its just so full right now i really cant find anymore places for them to go...
heres a pic from 6 months ago lol see how bad it used to be ive put a lot of money time and effort in it since then and lots has changed and growin nicely

murph145

lol thanks yeah its come along way
dont worry those anemones didnt die i just slowly traded them back in as they got too big!
only one i kept was a single rbta for now and its getting huge too
but its come along way in a reasonable amount of time i would say but ive also invested alot more into it both money and research wise