Update: What is this?

bneal

simm, Beth, newreefers,
Again, thanks for the input!
Dispite my qt cycle problems, things are improving.
My Clown is healing and eating again! But I still do not think it was ick.
The "White Crust" is gone, but where it was, he now has no scales. I know Beth, you told me to not use any med for ick only hypo, but I do not think it was ick. Can ick do that? Did this happen to your clown newreefers?
With the signs of improving health, do you think I should use any antibiotics?
Though my qt/hospital is still trying to cycle, and I do a 10-15% water change every 12 hrs. Every one seems to be doing much better.

N

newreefers

If he is improving and eating well, I would not put meds in the tank unless Beth says to. He may just need more time to heal completely.

bneal

That's fine, no argument here, but did your clown loose scales where the patch or crust was?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Leave it for now and see if it starts to heal on its own. There is a new product out made by Mardel BioSpheres. It is an adhesive type of antibiotic that is supposed to adhere to wound sites, rather than remain saturated in the water column for fish ingestion. I can’t really vouch for it as I haven’t tested it or really heard much about it from others, but, since it appears to be non-polluting, you may want to consider it.
Also, feed your fish garlic soaked food. Garlic also has a mild antibiotic quality.