Updated Pics, 24g Nano

peef

Here are the updated pics of my nano!! LOADS of coraline algae growing. I now am looking for Corals....Any ideas from you all what type of coral can thrive in a nano?!?! It does have the new 1/2 blue 1/2 white double bulbs. Also has the added MJ-400 for cross circulation of flow, with a replacment of stock pump for a MJ-900!

bill109

Originally Posted by Debbie
What kind of fish is that with the high fin in the first picture??

high hat.
can u give some info on these fish?

peef

Yes it is a highhat. It is a very cool addition to the tank. It is mostly nocturnal. Although it is PLENTY active during the day. It is reef friendly and eats flake and myosis shrimp. Not territorial really. They come in pairs most of the time and prefer to be that way. They will find a little cave or outcropping and post up there. I love my highhat, his name is Erny. bah ha. I would recommend one. Some people say that they get big but I have not ever seen one much bigger that around 2- 2 1/2 inches!

bill109

Originally Posted by peef
Yes it is a highhat. It is a very cool addition to the tank. It is mostly nocturnal. Although it is PLENTY active during the day. It is reef friendly and eats flake and myosis shrimp. Not territorial really. They come in pairs most of the time and prefer to be that way. They will find a little cave or outcropping and post up there. I love my highhat, his name is Erny. bah ha. I would recommend one. Some people say that they get big but I have not ever seen one much bigger that around 2- 2 1/2 inches!
thank you.
they are a very cool fish. if u can find some time u should post some pics. u dont see one of those all the time.
also how much did u pay for tht guy? was he hard to find and do u have one or 2.? u had mentioned that they like to be in pairs.
-bill109

S

surfinusa

Some people say that they get big but I have not ever seen one much bigger that around 2- 2 1/2 inches!
I'm sure they get almost 2 feet.

whackamole

ive caught high hats off floridas beaches. i havent seen anymore around there really cool looking (about the size of a quarter)

peef

Originally Posted by bill109
thank you.
they are a very cool fish. if u can find some time u should post some pics. u dont see one of those all the time.
also how much did u pay for tht guy? was he hard to find and do u have one or 2.? u had mentioned that they like to be in pairs.
-bill109

I did a little more searching and found the answer.
Family: Sciaenidae
Range: Western Atlantic
Size: Up to 9 inches
Diet: Carnivore
Tank Set-up: Marine: Coral or rock, plants, sand
Reef Compatible: Yes (But observe, depending on size)
Tank Conditions: 72-78ºF; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Minimum Tank Capacity: 70 gallon
Light: High
Temperament: Peaceful
Swimming Level: Bottom
Care Level: Moderate

peef

I did a little more searching and found the answer.
Family: Sciaenidae
Range: Western Atlantic
Size: Up to 9 inches
Diet: Carnivore
Tank Set-up: Marine: Coral or rock, plants, sand
Reef Compatible: Yes (But observe, depending on size)
Tank Conditions: 72-78ºF; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4
Minimum Tank Capacity: 70 gallon
Light: High
Temperament: Peaceful
Swimming Level: Bottom
Care Level: Moderate

Don't know if this is allowed but it is in NO way a competitor in selling of fish or anything to this site.....But the BEST on general question and answer stuff I have found is www.peteducation.com You can search for any animal and get awesome info. Sorry if a link like that is not allowed.

peef

So last night I found a little sucka head in my tank. He was almost 9 inches long when stretched. I caught him and now he sleeps with the fishes.....wait a minute.....

threed240

So I picked up some more yummies today. God I love this!!!!!!!!!
Are those zoa's or goniapora?

peef

Actually it is a plate coral....pagoda cup. I was just about to research a little more to make sure I have it correct.