Upgrade from PC's to MH

dodgr31

I am looking for some ideas to upgrade my lighting. I have a 100g tank, 60" long, 18" deep, 21" tall. I am currently running PC"s under the canopy. I am not getting the growth and color I would like from my corals. I would like to upgrade to Halides, but don't want to hang them from the ceiling. I can remove the canopy cover if needed, are there any halides that I could replace the PC"s with ( retro I guess) or would that be too hot? I have also seen thin Halides that have legs that sit on top of the tank, they come with actinics and moonlights. Too many choices, not sure what is best. Any ideas..

veni vidi vici

You can fasten MH retro reflectors right to the top of your canopy. I built a rack out of aluminum angle and drawer slides to keep light closer to surface and so i could slide them back to have access to tank.

dodgr31

Thanks. I was looking online at the 60" Sunpod set up, it looks like it might work for me. Anyone have any experience with these?

netimreefer

I have a 48" sunpod 150 on my 55, and I love it, it is so simple to use. I would suggest maybe a 250 watt sunpod, or even the outer orbit with the t5 ho's is a good light fixture. There are without question better fixtures out there but I don't think there are for this kind of money. Good luck and happy reefing.