Upgrade Question!!

jcs69

I am upgarding from a 37 to a75 gal. I would like to add a clown wrasse to my already FOWLR&LS. I currently have a S&S Puffer, Picasso Trigger and a Yellow Tang. If i was to add the wrasse prior to adding my other guys would he be ok. I have LS for him (2-3 inches). I would add the trigger last wouldn't that keep him from picking on the wrasse??? I'm gonna have at least 75 lb of LR also. Any ideas for any other fish and how many???

cubuffs

I am not quite sure about the clown wrasse question, but I can certainly answer your second.
I have actually owned the other three fish that you mentioned, and from experience, they get large! For instance, my S&S puffer was 13" long, my picasso was 9" long, and the yellow tang was 7". They were large species to say the least. In addition, my puffer chewed on the yellow tang's fins quite often.
I don't think that you will have a problem if you add the picasso last. They are not territorial, but the tang is. Please add that one last so it knows that it won't run the tank.
More, that is a lot of LR for a smallish tank. You would need to maximize the swim area (remove some LR), so your fish would me happier. In addition, if you could, please try to get a bigger tank. The species that I owned would not be too happy in my 180 if they were still living. Please try to upgrade if possible.
Hope that this helped. Take care.

H

hewetton

SS puffer can get more than 20" long. Maybe upgrading to something bigger than 75 might be better? if you want to add clow wrasse....

jcs69

I'm gonna go with the 75 and go from there. 75 lbs in a 75 gallon is too much??? How much would you go with?? My S&S is calm, my picasso runs the tank... How long would these fish be ok in the 75