Upgrading Tank

tsrogers

I have a 75 gallon fish only tank that has been set up for a year. Very stable, no problems. I am upgrading to a 110 gallon. Same size as the 75 but taller. I don't have room for a longer tank. I know a longer tank is more desireable.
The 75 gallon has an undergravel filter, 2028 Ehiem, (2) 802 power heads, wet dry with 500 gallon per hour pump and a Berlin Turbo protein skimmer. The substrate is crushed coral from my original set up. I will use the water in my 75 gallon for the new tank. I have 60 gallons mixing in my study. The wife isn't too happy!
The new tank will have the ehiem, power heads, wet dry and skimmer.
Three issues I would like your advice on.
1. I want to get rid of the underground filter. The local shop advised that I can simply eliminate the underground filter and use the substrate that I have in my tank. Placing a powerhead at the bottom and top of the tank will suffice given the filter and the wet dry. Is this correct?
2. Since I have fish that I need to get into the new tank, I don't believe I have time to add live rock and sand and go through the cycle process again. Is it possible to add cured live rock and or sand to the new tank without going throught he cycle again?
3. Is there anything you believe I should add to the tank to ensure everything goes well in the long run?
thanks in advance.
Tom