Upgrading to a 60g cube

mattk

My 30 gal reef is starting to leak a bit so its time to upgrade.
Old:
30g long leaking
1x150w 10K
Fluval 404 Canister
Prizm Deluxe Skimmer
Red Sea Wavemaker with 4 pumps
Bare bottom~30lb live rock, maze, brain, Xenia, Tree coral, Hammer coral, Frogspawn, Polyps, recently demised blue linkia that was ~2 years old, royal gramma. assorted crabs and mini stars, snails. Macroalgae
New:
60 gal Cube (24x24x24): really like the cube with additional surface area +32%
1x150w 10K
ProFlex Model 3 Sump (Refugium with DSBor mud LR macros and critter,)
Red Sea Berlin Skimmer (Early model from 1990s used for ~1-2years)
Wavemaker w/4 pumps
(Debating on bare bottom or shallow sand/arg)~30lb live rock, maze, brain, Xenia, Tree coral, Hammer coral, Frogspawn, Polyps, royal gramma. assorted crabs and mini stars, snails.
Plan to add ~30-40lbs additional new live rock

mattk

It took longer than planned to setup my new tank but I am happy with the final result.

I changed the sump and skimmer plans quite a bit- spent more money but its working out very well.
Also a friend who wanted to take down their 20g reef gave me all the livestock and rock. It was very well maintained-very nice of them.I think the clowns like their new home!
Matt

Old:
30g long leaking
1x150w 10K
Fluval 404 Canister
Prizm Deluxe Skimmer
Red Sea Wavemaker with 4 pumps
Bare bottom~30lb live rock, maze, brain, Xenia, Tree coral, Hammer coral, Frogspawn, Polyps, recently demised blue linkia that was ~2 years old, royal gramma. assorted crabs and mini stars, snails. Macroalgae
New:
60 gal Cube (24x24x24): really like the cube with additional surface area +32%
1x150w 10K-May upgrade to 400W with LEDs
BRSM-2~30gal sump with Refugium mud LR macros
New Bermuda skimmer-works so much better
Wavemaker w/3 koalia pumps(600, 1060 and 1200 gph)
LSB in tank ~3"; lots of stirrers
~60lb live rock, maze coral, Tree coral, Hammer coral, Polyps, assorted crabs and mini stars, snails, Fightin conch, 2 tomato clowns loving there bubble tips and a royal gramma.