Urban legends, myths... true or false?

crimzy

OK, this thread is inspired because I just watched the movie, 23. Personally I enjoy freaky stories, myths and urban legends. I have heard a number of stories, I have played the Beatles albums backwords and heard "We buried Paul" at the end of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. I have also seen the shot of the little boy in the background of the movie, Three Men and a Baby, and heard the rumor that he lived in the apartment used for filming... until his death. Anyone heard the one about the guy who killed himself on the set of the Wizard of Oz?
Anyway, I was wondering if people could share some of the legends that they've heard. Hopefully we will only get the "possibly true" stories. I'm not a great fan of Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street... much prefer the Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Entity and even Open Water. I like the ones that claim to have some truth to them.
So anyone got any good ones. I don't care if the story's about the grassy knoll or Area 51. And please no stupid ghost stories.... "and only the hook was found stuck to the trunk of the car..." None of those please.

crimzy

Originally Posted by ruaround
the little boy in the apartment is a cardboard cut out...
Keep telling yourself that, ru.

nietzsche

how about the "If you drink reverse osmosis deionized water it will pull out nutrients from your body/bones," something like that. my friend was talking to me about it since he makes ro/di water just to drink

darknes

Originally Posted by nietzsche
how about the "If you drink reverse osmosis deionized water it will pull out nutrients from your body/bones," something like that. my friend was talking to me about it since he makes ro/di water just to drink
Lol, why would he drink it then??
I have actually heard that before, which is why it's not recommended to drink RO/DI water regularly. Bottled water which is put through RO/DI has nutrients added to it.

ruaround

Originally Posted by crimzy
Keep telling yourself that, ru.

dude its a prop of ted danson used in the movie... they forgot to take it out of the window after filming the scene he shows it... then the scene where it seems to be a little boy is from a further camera view making it appear smaller...

ruaround

RO is bottled (aquafina i believe is the only RO water)... ive never seen a bottled water that is also Di... Di water will pull minerals out of your body... i think this was brought up on a navy vessel and has been discussed several times in thevarious forums here...

nietzsche

Originally Posted by Darknes
Lol, why would he drink it then??
I have actually heard that before, which is why it's not recommended to drink RO/DI water regularly. Bottled water which is put through RO/DI has nutrients added to it.
he said he could care less and doesnt believe it, and even if it didnt have any nutrients in the water that you could always just get the nutrients elsewhere like vitamin

[hr]
. but i still have no idea if thats even true, it probably isnt

nietzsche

RO is bottled (aquafina i believe is the only RO water)... ive never seen a bottled water that is also Di... Di water will pull minerals out of your body... i think this was brought up on a navy vessel and has been discussed several times in thevarious forums here...
he uses his ro/di machine to make his own drinking water, has the di cartridge

crimzy

dude its a prop of ted danson used in the movie... they forgot to take it out of the window after filming the scene he shows it... then the scene where it seems to be a little boy is from a further camera view making it appear smaller...
It didn't look anything like Ted Danson to me. How can you doubt that it's the ghost of the dead child who lived in the apartment? It was ALLEGEDLY confirmed when the boy's mother saw the movie.

ruaround

he uses his ro/di machine to make his own drinking water, has the di cartridge
to each teir own... but it isnt very smart... i guess he could be putting worse things in his body... is he sippin on saltwater too??? lol..

crimzy

Why do you guys have to mess a perfectly good urban legend? Next thing is you'll tell me that Paul McCartney is actually alive. You do know that the one we see is simply a clone right?

nietzsche

to each teir own... but it isnt very smart... i guess he could be putting worse things in his body... is he sippin on saltwater too??? lol..

haha just your average pothead i suppose... insanely smart though. of all the people i would have thought this guy could have easily been anything he would have wanted to be. only downside is he doesnt really care about things like school.

ruaround

Originally Posted by crimzy
Why do you guys have to mess a perfectly good urban legend? Next thing is you'll tell me that Paul McCartney is actually alive. You do know that the one we see is simply a clone right?
Elvis, Tu Pac and Notorious BIG are still alive too... they were here in Idaho a couple weeks ago... i ran into em at the convinience store... Elvis had a box of twinkies and the others had 40's of Old English... in paper bags of course...

ruaround

haha just your average pothead i suppose... insanely smart though. of all the people i would have thought this guy could have easily been anything he would have wanted to be. only downside is he doesnt really care about things like school.
wish i could say thats sad, but its his choice... i know a few of those myself... not just street smart, but book smart... never had to study to just cruise a B in a class... and really didnt care...

kclester

what abbout the moth man.....ever hear of him there is no explaining all of that i live in WV but far away from where this happened i mean how can u explain the bridge collapseing all the sightings.....then men in black...all seems a lil weird to me ????? leaves alot of those in my mind but anyways there is no way to prove its true so it remains a legend

jennythebugg

oh god ok i will read 3 threads before going to bed tonight

have you heard the one about the railroad tracks?
this was on the net about it...i love spooky stuff Ghostly Kids Push You Off Train Tracks
Urban Legend: The protective ghosts of little children killed at a railway crossing push stalled cars off the tracks.
The Story:
This one is actually true. It's been talked about on many TV stations including an Los Angeles, California station by "The Earth Man" Garcia. It has to do with a school bus full of children that had stalled on some train tracks in San Antonio, Texas. A train was coming and was going too fast to stop in time to get the bus off the tracks. The bus was hit and all of the children died. It was a great tragedy. The tracks are located on a curve in the road but the tracks are on a small up-hill grade to both sides.
If you stop your car just on the tracks and put it in neutral, it will slowly start to roll over the little hill and down the other side.
A local Los Angeles, California station sent a crew there to check it out and it was done on tape, with a San Antonio sheriff present. The cars back end was cleaned off of any finger prints before the test was done and after it was done it was dusted for prints. Several small hand prints and finger prints showed up on the bumper, showing that the small hands of the ghost children were pushing the car to get it off the tracks.
There are also claims that this is nothing more than a gravity anomaly allowing a non-moving vehicle to move over a small up-grade. But no one can explain away the hand and finger prints.
Origins:
This is one legend that may possibly be true. We have received many, many e-mails verifying that this one is real.

shogun323

This may not be a myth per say but have you ever watched the wizard of Oz synced up with dark side of the moon? You queue the cd to start right when the MGM lion roars for the 3rd time. It's crazy how the music lines up with the movie!!! Coincidence?