Urgent help needed diagnosing spots!

mccanei

Am:0
Ni:0
Na:0
ph:8.0
Salinity:1.019
temp:81
So let me explain my situation. Four days ago I purchased and introduced an 4"Emperor Angel and 4"Harlequin Tusk to my 37 gallon QT. The there is alot of live rock for the fish to hide in. The EA is the dominant fish of the tank and chases the HT half the time it comes out of hiding. The fish are aggresively eating and and vibrant in color. This morning I noticed these white blemishes on the EA sides and the HT's fins. After research I began to think it may be what Beth considers "Environmental Stress", but not completely sure... If anyone thinks they know what it is and how to treat it, I would appreciate the help. Attached should be images.
Thanks
Neil

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like ich for the EA. You should go ahead and do hyposalinity, however, you really can't do that with LR in the QT. Why do you have LR in the QT??
Do you have a refractometer?
Please look at those spots with a magnifying glass and see if you can see if they are raised or if they are simply discoloration.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you begin the hyposalinity? The LR will need to be removed. What are you feeding them?

L

lpuzon

Originally Posted by Beth
Can you begin the hyposalinity? The LR will need to be removed. What are you feeding them?
i just want to ask what should i have for a QT tank? i am thinking of having one.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
There is info on setup of a QT in the FAQ Thread. Good choice to set one up. You won't regret it!