Vacation ideas

jennielou

My husband and I want to take our three year old on his first real vacation but we don't know where. We only have about 1000 to 1500 dollars, so we would like to be responsible on where and what we spend it on. Any ideas?

nemo lover

I took my kids to Disney, and Sea World! He will love it! I look my oldest daughter when she was about one year, and she had sooo much fun at Sea World. I think their runnig sepecials durring the summer get two days for the price of one and I know they used to have specials for Sea World , and Bush Gardens(like a big zoo) if yo go to both. check it out on the website. I never spend alot on hotels, because we only slept there. They have some Holiday inns up there that are not that expensive, and a couple others.
What ever you do, NEVER go during Febuary (Daytona 500). We went for one of our anniversarys, and all the hotels over booked their rooms. We ended up spending our first night on their guest couch. They finnaly found a different hotel for us "The Marriott". and they paid for the difference in the amount of the room, and that was it! It was pure maddness, their was people sleeping in their cars, benches, sofas, chairs..at all the hotels. I don't know if it was just that year, or always like that during the races. I won't take that chance again.lol

denny80689

One overlooked place is Niagra falls. there is a lot to do there and if you stay on the canadian side you can find some killer deals. I know when I was a kid I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen so Im sure your kids would enjoy it as well

Go to Florida in the off season it is very cheap. We go every year in November! But last year we went in december to South beach and then went to the Keys collecting. :jumping:

The wife and I collected about 150 blue legs at southbeach and some green leg at a bridge called Sugar Loaf! Oh yea some horseshoe crabs,and about 75 or so cerinth snails down there in the Key West then two days later went to lover's key in Fort Meyers and collected more snail so this is where I got most of my cleanup crew! I can't wait until November when we go back!!
:jumping: :cheer: :joy: :happy: :happy: :happyfish

tthemadd1

Outer Banx... Good family place. Lots to do and enjoy the beach. I would suggest going before July 4th, anytime after and you have a lot more tourist, yeah im one too, and also storms...

jennielou

Thank you all for your replies! You all gave some great ideas but, I am afriad that Summerfest is not the place for a three year old. Maybe when he gets older. Thanks again, Jennifer

clarkiiboi

Well when I was looking last summer for places to take my 3 year old, I found that there were some great water parks pretty closeby that included an area for just toddlers (I didn't realized this years ago when I went b/c I had no children then). I could give you the links if you want, but I think a drive to PA would blow your budget. My suggestion--look at your surrounding water parks and see if they have a toddler area that you didnt see before also. Just a thought.

nyyankeees

Sesame Place is a great theme park for little kids, especially if they are farmiliar with the characters from Sesame Street. My sister and I took my nieces there when they were 2 and 6 and they loved it!! It's Probably not that awfully far away from your home either, it's in Langhorne, PA. Here's some info:
http://www.sesameplace.com/sesame/pa/index.html