Vacation time

xtremenemo

What does everyone do for their aggressive tank when they go away for a long time? The reason I ask is that I go to school and I will be going away this summer and I want to know when I have to come back (every weekend, or everyother weekend, ect.). I am really worried that I will never be able to leave. The time peroid will be about 2 months. PLEASE HELP ME>
PS if i set up a 46 gallon bow front with live rock will I need a protein skimmer or just a really good filter.

cdubbs

skimmer always a must..what kind of fish do u have and is anyone gonna be around to feed the fish?

xtremenemo

What is the cheapest type of skimmer that I can get for the 46 gallon bow front?
I have a puffer, wrasse, lion, trigger, and eel.
the skimmer is for a qt tank..........any ideas?????

xtremenemo

then why does someone need a skimmer in a tank with sand and a couple of live rocks?
I will need a skimmer though, what is a cheap one for that tank size (46 gallon)

aarone

because one doesnt usually put their corals in a qt...corals and other sensitive fish need pristine water in most cases.....for a qt it is ok. And qt's dont usually carry LS and LR...just bare bottom and a place to hide for the fish.
sorry I wont help anymore.
aaron

xtremenemo

yes I agree cheap means crap and I will prob. go for the prism deluxe for 88 bucks just like I did for my 85 gallon. I am doing this because I am using it for a qt tank and then moving some fish into the qt tank for the summer back at a different house. But I will prob. leave them where they are and get more fish. hahah
thanks for the help later