Vacation

fishnewb

What do u guys do about your tanks when your on vacation...and if theres nobody that can feed them.. How long can they last

dogstar

If there healthy most can go about a week. Still not sugesting it though. Evaperation is somthing to think about too.

fisherson

they do have auto feeders if all your fish eat flake and pelet food. not sure waht they cost but i'm sure it's not to much if you that worried.
I'd be pretty hesitant to not feed my fish for a full week. But i'm sure they'd live.

tangie

I have used auto feeders and they are not expensive. The best way to go is a TRUSTED friend or family member, teach them how you take care of your tank. I like to have a fish/house sitter, an older teenager relative to stay in my home while I am gone and of course she always has the number where I can be reached if she has any questions or concerns. Have a great time!

yimmy

I'm in luck when it comes to this...my neigbor used to keep sw fish, he had to go out of town so he got rid of his tank but since I know about it he's getting started back up. I don't have a sump but is their any way to get an auto top off device for when I go on vacation.

dogstar

" If running a sump ", most auto top off systems work by useing a float switch or valve in the sump. The water levels in the main tank do not change. If useing something that just drips on its own buy preadjustment then that can go on the main tank and if you do NOT use a sump then ofcoures it would have to go on the main tank.