Vacuum cleaner for your tank.

portugee

I went to home depot and picked up a tee valve that directs waterflow from one inlet to another with a twist of a knob. I found it in the pond section and it works perfect. I put it in line with my fluval 404 intake piping and hooked a 4' piece of 3/4" clear plastic tube to the tee. So if I want suction all I have to do is turn the knob and I've got it.
I cleaned all of my CC just like I was doing a water change by hooking up the siphon tube. I havent done this in three months so I pulled massive amounts of crap out.
Then I disconected the the siphon and vacuumed all the live rock where stuff seems to settle and again got alot a stuff of the rock.
By this time the flow of the fluval had slowed down to about half so I cleaned it out, rinsed the carbon bags and foam inserts and hooked it back up. This was not that big of a deal with the fluvals new design.
It felt much more modern to be able to clean up a little with out siphoning a ton of water out of the tank. I'm sure for the cleaning I got done and the amount of junk I removed I would have had to remove half the water. Then replace it or filter what I had taken and put it back.
I know the fluval wasnt built for this but I think the idea of a little in tank suction has potential. ;) What do you think?