valintini puffer with corals?

reefkprz

Latin Name: Canthigaster coronata
Common Name: Saddle Puffer Hawaii
Also known as Hawaiian Saddle Puffer, Crowned Puffer, Threebarred Toby, Coronation Puffer
Fast Facts: Very similar to the Valentini Puffer this is another attractive member of the genus, all of which are very similar. This species is less frequently available than other members of the genus. This group of fish is also known as "Sharpnose Puffers". They make great aquarium fish and have lots of personality. Keep only one per tank, very easy to maintain.
Sizes Most Specimens grow to about 5"
Range in Nature Indo-Pacific
Minimum Aquarium Size 30
Diet and Feeding Carnivore, provide a varied diet that includes frozen preparations for carnivores.
Reef Aquarium Compatibility While it can be kept with large anemones, it is not recommended in reefs as it is likely to eat many types of sessile invertebrates.
chances are good he's gonna love to eat your corals.

teresaq

puffer do not eat corals, they are carivors. they eat meat. such as snails and shrimp and crabs. I have one in my reef, he only eats my small nass snails. again they do not eat corals.

reefkprz

I'm just going off what the research I have done says, since corals are animals (meat) and puffers are meat eaters, and almost every puffer care sheet I have crossed says will eat most sessile invertebrates, I would think yours is probably the exception than the rule, but I definitely could be wrong.

mopar9012

alright well im going to do some research. But as of right now I dont think I will be getting one.