vanishing green chromis

denny80688

I added 2 emerald crabs to my tank about the size of a half dollar.. maybe a hair larger. A few days after being added one of my green chromis vanished.. no remains or anything. Searched the entire tank. It was the one who usualy hun out at the bottom of the tank. That was about a month ago. Yesteday I Was looking at the tank and a second chromis was gone. This one I found in the intake of my powerhead but he was ripped all appart. Are the emeralds killing my fish????

denny80688

never heard any clicking and they have been in there for about 3 or 4 months with no problems till now. Yes all in 125 along with perc clown, hippo tang, and long nose butterfly

X

xnikki118x

I love hippo tangs. :D
I doubt it's the emerald crabs, but you never know. Just in case, I'd stay away from the smaller fish that could fall victim to the crabs if that's what's happening.

dan hanna

:thinking: i really doubt its your crabs... as well i have 3 crabs and a small school of 6 damsels in a 150gal and they have no problems that i have noticed:notsure:

denny80688

yeah its a long shot but like I said the problems started after the addition of the emeralds... Now to top it off the stupid Hippo is showing signs of ich... again.... shes been clean from it about 2 months.