very aggresive clown

slosurfer

My percula clown which I've had for about 4 months and is about 3 inches long has been overly aggresive these past couple weeks towards the new corals I've put in my tank. I first got a clam a couple weeks ago and any time I'd set it up on a rock to try and get it closer to the light, the clown would knock it down. He would do this by either by flicking around his tail and creating a gust of water which he'd aim at the clam or by nudging it with his nose. I figured this was because I was getting the clam too close to his anemone so I gave up and put the clam in the sand bed. Today I got some green star polyps and a bubble coral and the clown is doing the same with them. He will not leave the bubble coral alone and has been messing with it for the whole hour its been in the tank so far. He knocked the polyps down once but doesn't seem to car about them as much as the bubble. Neither coral can even open up because he is constantly messing with them. Any ideas or suggestions on how to calm down my clown fish?

slosurfer

the situation definitely isn't improving and is actually getting worse. The clown now pulls the bubble coral off of wherever I set it and he wont leave it alone even when I put it in the sand bed. I'm getting really frustated with him and I'm afraid he will eventually kill my coral. Is there anything to do?

saltymom

I feel for ya..I wish I knew somethin to tell ya, but I dont... sounds like he is mad at the world or somethin!! I hope someone will know something that will help ya out!

guru

Try this; Take him out of the tank and reposition every thing in your tank to break up his territory so he think he's in a new environment, and put him back in. It's worth the try. It worked when I introduced a second clow in hopes of a mated pair.

slosurfer

thanks, that might be a good idea. I'll be sure to right back and tell how I solve this problem, if i do.

guru

Originally posted by slosurfer
thanks, that might be a good idea. I'll be sure to right back and tell how I solve this problem, if i do.

Thanks