very small nano

marco333

My 10g tank crashed...I took what was left and am trying to keep it alive. I found this small azoo container and a light. I went to the store and purchased a crystal sea technoflo filter which pumps up to 65 g/h. What I have left Alive is a pom-pom crab, a scarlet reef hermit, and a random white hermit. I also have a leather coral. Since I have no heater the water is around 69-70. Im worried this is goin to kill everything left. Does this tank have any chance of surviving

mag395

I've seen nano's that small in pet stores. The one I saw had some macro algae in there too. There was a baby clarki clown in there. It seemed to be thriving. I think it'd work.

crox

You might have a chance. IMO I would bring the light closer to the water surface.

el diablo

If you brought light closer I bet it would help warm up the tank better. Also couldn't you pick up a cheap heater?

chipmaker

Yes, but it would be considered a PICO not a NANO, and it will survive if water changes are done, and you get the heat up to an acceptable level. The light looks like a Dragon Fly 7/9 watt PC and if you lower it down so it can radiate some heat on the water its capable of getting the temp up a bit more..... We have that size and a bit larger all over the house now for quite some time some with filters others without, and they all do just fine.

nygel

i think thats pretty cool looking actually.... are u plannin on keeping it like that? or moving back to a ten or something bigger?

bigpete

i tired one of these. be prepared for a battle for water quality. keep on top of it. good luck, those things are always a challenge.

reef.magic

put a marking on the tank at the water line where the specific gravity reads a stable 1.025 or w/e is ideal for you, make sure water is at that line constantly, the slightest evaporation from tiny tanks can make salinity go sky high making tank inhabitants very uncomfortable...........and dont put a baby clarkii clown in it
i caught a mean hitch hiker pistol from my DT and didnt have the heart to flush him, so I set him up in one of these, went away for the weekend and nobody topped off the tank......bad times