Very weird thing I've never seen before...

novahobbies

I sucked this thing up from the seahorse tank today whilst cleaning. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to save and photograph it, but here goes...maybe someone can recognize it by description:
It was a short, smooth, fleshy tube, about 1.5 inches long and maybe 1/4 inch in diameter. I found it in the sandbed, buried completely. Overall it was pale, grayish-white, but one one end the terminus was a little darker near the very tip...kind of a faded dark brown. On the OTHER end of the tube, near the terminus but not quite at the very tip, was a small red "splotch" about 1/4 inch in surface area. There were no other identifying features that I could see in the short time I was aware of it before it zoomed up the siphon tube. It didn't appear to move much, if at all.
My first guess is some hitchhiker cucumber, since it wasn't very motile. Any other guesses??

S

saxman

It kinda sounds like a peanut worm, except for the red spot...they're the right size, and are definitely grayish-white.

novahobbies

With as many species of peanut worms as I've seen in google images, I'm going to go with this ID. It's not perfect, but the shape is very close. Thanks Greg.
And Seth, I DON'T want to know where your mind wandered.
I have suspicions, but I don't want them confirmed.
Thanks all for the help! It was one ugly little critter; not really that fussed that it got sacrificed during the water change. I can imagine if Michelle saw it when she watches the tank....."WHAT IS THAT??!!"