VHO Lighting Question?

enomadra

OK now I am confused :notsure: :confused:
I just got of the phone with my LFS and he told me that he did not carry the URI VHO AquaSun lights (10,000K) because they are not popular. He said that they were only good for stony coral and not good for soft coral. I thought that a 10k light was a 10k light, am I wrong? Are their different 10k lights for different types of coral? Is their something really bad about the URI AquaSun (10,00K)that I should know?
I know that I do not like the Actinic White (12,000K) light. It gave off a much too pinkish look for me when I used it, and I know that I have heard everyone rave about the URI Super Actinic (Actinic 03) light because most people use it for their supliment to MH lighting. Any help would be great as I am waiting to order my lights untill I get some more answers.
Thanks,
:)

I think that you are actually a little confused . . . the aquasuns are the pinkish lights, not the actinic whites. I use one actinic white and one super actinic and my tank is stark white.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by enomadra
OK now I am confused :notsure: :confused:
I just got of the phone with my LFS and he told me that he did not carry the URI VHO AquaSun lights (10,000K) because they are not popular. He said that they were only good for stony coral and not good for soft coral. I thought that a 10k light was a 10k light, am I wrong?
:)

Different phosphurs produce different looks, you may still get the 10k, but they can look different. I am using my first AND LAST set of aquasuns, I don't like the look, as stated to pink.
Thomas