Via Aqua Chiller HELLLP

ca161406

Hey yeal, summer months are approaching so i busted out the chiller that came with my tank. Its a Via Aqua but i dont have any instructions what so ever. i hooked up a pump and its circulating through a bucket of FW right now to clean everything out. The only problem is when i turn it on it makes a beeping noise like crazy and on the screen displays "EL". There is a set button, an up and a down button. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this chiller or any other for that matter. So help would be appreciated. Thanks

ca161406

ah mann. thanks for the replies though. i guess i can call the manufacturer and see if they know what the error code is notifying and maybe get that fixed? ill probably just have to get a new chiller if it starts getting to warm

scsinet

If you are electrically inclined or know someone who is, you can probably open the thing up and straight wire the compressor and fan to the power cord... just bypassing all the electronics.
So when you plug it in, it runs, and doesn't stop till you unplug it.
Then you can pair it up with an off the shelf controller like a Ranco and you're back in business.