Violet Tipped Tricolor Acropora bleaching?

I have what I think is a tricolor acropora which seems to be bleaching. Can anyone look at these pics and let me know what's going on? Could the green montipora cap (which seems to be touching) be causing this? All other corals including pink birdsnest look fine.
Salinity: 1.026
pH: 8.2
Cal: 400
Alk: 9 dKH
Mag: 1320
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
PO4: 0

jackri

Yeah I would move it away from the monti ASAP. If it keeps bleaching the only thing you can then do is frag it above any bleaching line the best you can and try and keep the healthy portion going.

nycbob

its partial bleaching caused by irritants such as other corals touching it or direct flow. it doesnt look like its going to spread once u find the culprit. from pic, the monti could definitely be the cause. i hv acro that r bleached locally due to other sps touching it.

Okay, I'll move it ASAP.
If I do have to frag it, where should I cut it? Right across the "trunk", above the bleached part? Or should I frag the small branches and consider the trunk a loss? The trunk is only bleaching on that one side.

nycbob

u dont hv to move it if the bleached is localized. i hv acros that r bleached bc of sps touching it. a little trimming of the monti is all that it is needed from the look of the pic. but if u dont like trimming, then frag it from the point right above the bleached area.

I didn't really like where the tricolor was anyways, so I moved it. I'm in the process of getting a 75-gal ready to upgrade to so I should have some more room soon hopefully. Thanks for the help and I'll just have to watch it to see if the bleaching continues.