Vote for your favorite skimmer!!

squidd

Euro Reef on my reef and a ASM G-4 (ER Clone) was just ordered for my 210...
I have had other brands of skimmers and have a different brand now...rated at 300 gallons (Ya, right:rolleyes: ) and it's outta there soon as the ER clone arrives...

nm reef

EuroReef CS6-2 for me....there are others ... and folks seem to like 'em...but I'm pleased with the one I use.

msd2

Great input so far, lets keep it going! currently I am using a CRP but if luck has it (currently bidding on) and Euroreef.
I will also be taking a look at the ASM's now!

robchuck

I like MRC for Beckett skimmers (I will be running an MR-3 on my new tank) and GEO (I like these much better than Euro Reef or ASM) for needle-wheeled skimmers.

golfish

the beckets heads skimmers are very good but they aren't plug N play like the ER's and not as user friendly as the ER's....My CS6-3 is 4 years old and running stronger then every....Must be all the slime alage I blew away last night:D

buzz

I have a knock off of a Euro Reef, which works great. It is made by a local company, marketed under the name South Bay. For those in Southern California, you probably know the name of the place...it is in essence the same skimmer.
Saved a few bucks over the Euroreef, but since it's pretty much the same thing, I'll have to vote for Euro Reef.

jeepboy

In-sump - - Euroreef
out of sump - - MRC
I think for a beginner the Euroreef is the best since it is basically plug and play.

golfish

Originally posted by Buzz
I have a knock off of a Euro Reef, which works great. It is made by a local company, marketed under the name South Bay. For those in Southern California, you probably know the name of the place...it is in essence the same skimmer.

His he putting needle wheels in them again? I know he was big on not using them, saying the standard Sedra impeller was better, what killed me was when he first started making them he used the needle wheel. I think at first he was buying them from ASM, then ER stepped in and cut him off from buying them all together. He went back to using the standard impellers. I talked to him a while back about it. I thought he was going to have his own mold made up and start making his own needle wheels.
The standard impeller idea has kind of been proven to be false. They still work good but not as good as the needle wheel.

attml

After using other models over the years I am Euroreef all the way! IMO worth every penny!!!

msd2

hey I have a question how deep of water do the euroreefs need to be in, say the 5-2 or the 6-1?