waht r pods

u571

what r pods? and how do i get the little pic next 2 my name?the different logos everyone has and why do i have the name flame angel by my name thanks

R

royalshrimp

flame angel is your status, peppermint being lowest and i believe shark being the highest. Pods are tiny shrimp -like organismes which come on live rock. They are beneficial to aquariums by being a primary food source to some fish and a secondary food source to others. to get an avatar (the little picture) look at the top of your screen and you will find a button that reads "user cp" click it and then you will find another button that reads something like "user options". click it, go down and you will find a button that reads "change avatar" find a pic on the web, make it smaller, and use. :sleepy:
OH! and welcome to the board:yes:

elfdoctors

Peppermint shrimp used to be the lowest status but was changed several months ago. Flame angel is now the lowest status (you will upgrade to blue hippo tang at 50 posts). I believe you can only get an avatar after you have made 25 posts.
Pods will reproduce in your tank once you add some live rock and will regulate their own populations (unless you add a fish which eats them).
Welcome the the boards!

u571

thanks alot u really helped me out . this site and all the people on it are GREAT:jumping: IT HAS REALLY helped me out with the upkeep of my aquarium. thanks again

cprdnick

I believe you have to have 100 posts before you get the avatar option. Pods also are beneficial in that they clean the substrate and rock when they are active. There are several types, some being Copepod, Amphipod and Isopod. The Amphipods are usually sticking to the substrate and rocks, and the other two do something but I'm not sure what.