walmart drinking water???????

laredo300c

i was sitting on my computer, drinking a sam's choice walmart 20 oz purified drinking water when i noticed something on the label. it says PURIFIED BY REVERSE OSMOSIS....ingredients include magnesium,sulfate, potassium, bicarbonate,potassium chloride...then it says purified by reverse osmosis. it is olso available in 3gal jugs.. is this reverse osmosis water. thanks :notsure: :notsure: :notsure:

francisco5

I am drinking it right now also, never noticed but now that you mention it it does state that. It also states with flavor enhancing minerals.

windmill

It's possible.....
Not exactly sure on how water is filtered and what is removed by certain filtration methods, but I believe I heard distilled is supposed to be the most pure form of water (no elements). Reverse osmosis second. And i'm pretty sure R/O water is filtered partially, if not completely, through a certain membrane. I guess it could have some stuff left.....
Good question though. Hopefully it will encourage a water-type debate.

dogstar

Its RO filtered and then they add some stuff back in for taste and to make it healthy for humans, dont use it for a tank....

laredo300c

i have looked for them and have yet to find them. are they in the same shleves as drinking water. what do they reverse osmosis water for....someone a couple of posts back said that they filtered the water thru reverse osmosis and then added stuff to make it safe for humans. :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: .. why would they sell reverse osmosis if not for human consumption :help: :help: :help:

sugarfox03

Check the TDS - Total Dissolved Solids. The closer to 0 the better it is for the tank (but probably not that great to drink all the time...)

dogstar

Originally Posted by laredo300c
i have looked for them and have yet to find them. are they in the same shleves as drinking water. what do they reverse osmosis water for....someone a couple of posts back said that they filtered the water thru reverse osmosis and then added stuff to make it safe for humans. :notsure: :notsure: :notsure: .. why would they sell reverse osmosis if not for human consumption :help: :help: :help:
Someone said they add the stuff to make it healthy for humans.....
They filter it to make it safe....by removeing polutants and toxins, but the filtering also removes vitamins and minerals that are healthy for humans so they add some back in....

big

My RO-gives me zero PPM and did not cost what a years supply of "Wal-Mart" water would.

auntkaren

I read a horror story about W-Mart's RO/DI water. It wasn't ro/di at all it was just tap water! Please TEST your water carefully before you put in ANY water that comes from stores!
If you want the site where I read the horror story email me and I can send you the site. Please don't buy their water or test it at the very least before you put it in your tank.

larryndana

Originally Posted by Quaos
I buy the 1Gallon jugs at Walmart for 64Cents. They are RO/DI.

I buy RO/DI water from my lfs.
50cents a gallon
and 86cents a gallon with salt.
not to bad. without salt it beats the walmart price you stated.

windmill

Just find a water vendor. You see them all time at almost any shopping center. 25 cents a gallon, you provide the container. Probably some of the cleanest water you can buy. I have a local one that lists it's filtration steps - something like Reverse Osmosis, Distillation, Carbon filtration, and UV sterilization.

joncat24

I have used the walmart jugs with green or purple caps and labels for top offs for over a year now....no problems at all.

Usually when I do a water change I go to lfs and buy premixed saltwater @.75 a gallon