want to get new skimmer

J

jamparty

Originally Posted by bsmith219
what skimmer does everyone recomened getting for a 100 gallon reef tank?
thanks
bobby
I'v been hearing a lot of good things aboutthe Aqua C's which is why I made a thread with regard to them becuase I'm starting a new 100 reef and I wanted to test out some nore products.
Some say the Aqua C Remora Pro is fine for a 100 gallon reef...
others say you'd need two of them.
I haven't gotten any feedback with regard to the EV120 or EV180 yet but I'm assuming those are good too.
The only reason I was looking at the remoras was because they're HOB units which is wnich is nice because they don't require a lot of space and they dont' feed out of my sump but directly out of the tank. (so there is no competing with any of the other pumps in the sump).

brandan

SS125 if you are on a budget, for the price, you cant beat Coralife Skimmers. If you have a little more to spend, I would go with an ASM.

al mc

bsmith.......best for HOB would be remora pro...
for in sump Coralife-economical
ASM or Octopus...very good but more expensive
out of sump----MRC recirculating..best skimmer I have
personally used

travis89

I will add that the euro-reef is a little more expensive then the asm but is nicer. It depends on how much you plan to spend and whether need HOB or in-sump.

joncat24

aquaeuro recirc 265 for $237
octopus nw 200 for $179
either one will be plenty for that tank and area awesome skimmers

joncat24

Euro reefs are great skimmers, but they don't have anything in the $300 range that even comes close to the octo or the aquaeuro's. The aquaeuro recirc 265 has two recirc needlwheels and all cast acrylic construction for $250 or less. The nw 200 octo has an 8" body and a needlwheel pump that pulls 40 scfh of air at 55watts...for $179. That is even cheaper than the coralifes.
The asm's are extruded acrylic and are not even close IMO