Wanted 25-40 Gallon Tank

thedocta

Hi I live in Kalamazoo michigan and am looking for a 25-40 gallon tank with stand and possibly lights. A bowfront would be perfect if anyone has one. I will pick up at most places in michigan and some in indiana as well as chicago. I am downsizing from my 55 corner tank that is also for sale if anyone is looking for one. If anyone has any tanks for sale near in or close to lower michigan please tell me!

D

daniel411

I have a 38 gallon "Oceanic" brand aquarium that could be for sale with matching "Oceanic" stand. $200 for the package.
Depending on what kind of lighting you desire, I may be able to toss in a power compact light for it or sell you the metal halide system I used for it.

thedocta

The 55 does not come with any special lighting but it comes with the original plastic hood with a flourescent light and a space for another. Comes with a heater, an oak stand, hang on filter and a berlin airlift 60 skimmer all for $150 O.B.O. The tank i bought bearly used and it has only been running for about a year, the skimmer is almost brand new, about a week old and it comes with a airpump. Everything is in good condition...no leaks and very little if any scratches. May need to be resealed in the next few years just to be safe but other than that the tank is great.

thedocta

About the 38 oceanic...is it just the tank and stand for 200? or does it come with any lighting, filters, heater, etc? Is it bowfront, acrylic, glass...any pictures? You can email me at tennisgmd@ameritech.net Thanks-Greg

D

daniel411

Greg,
I'll email you tonight with pictures. The $200 was for tank and stand, (with possibly a NO or PC lights tossed in if you need them), as well as the oolitic live sand if you're interested in that also. Its a cube glass tank. I'm sure I could toss in a heater, and the lighting as mentioned above.
If you need extra stuff, well I probally could give you a good deal on any other extra equipment you may need.

D

daniel411

Probally close to 3 hours from Grand Rapids. Macomb county is just north of Detroit. I'm about 45 minutes East of Ann Arbor on I-94.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by TheDocta
How far from lansing?

Probally an hour and a half to two hours, straight along 96.

thedocta

O.k. Does this sound reasonable? tank, stand, light, and some LS for $200 right? Once i see the pictures ill ask the parents about it.

coxy101

Thanks, Docta, but I'm just searching around. I want to start a freshwater tank up - perhaps a discus tank or something...
But not for sure right now. I'll check back in with you later if you still have it for sale.
Thanks!