Wanted: Nano-reef setup

fishguy77

:help:
I'm just starting out with saltwater and would like to set up an 8 - 24 gallon nano-reef. I'm thinking that one of the self-contained cube setups would be best for me, something like the Oceanic Biocube, JBJ Nano Cube, Aquapod, Cube Master, Aqua Medic Nanowave, etc. I'd ideally like one of these cuz I figure that they are the least confusing, and should be adequate for what I want to do.
I'd also be open to other small reef setups as well, provided someone could package together the same sorts of stuff that I would need including the tank, hood, lights, filter, etc. I'll need lights that are suitable for doing corals obviously.
I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to sell a used setup suitable for a nano-reef for around $125 or less (trying to make sure to have some money left over for livestock/coral afterwards!). If you have something in decent condition, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Also, I'd love to save on the shipping - I live in Providence, RI but would be willing to travel to pick stuff up anywhere from MA to NJ if we can work something out.

trainfever

I doubt you want to drive to Philly, and the shipping would be too costly, but I have a JBJ 12 gallon deluxe nano that I wanted to sell for 125. I paid 150 for it. I bought it 2 years ago and had it set up for 3 months and then switched to a bigger tank. It has been in the original box ever since. The sponges and bio-balls are brand new, never used since I was using live rock.

fishguy77

I may be interested - if you can drive a little bit, I can probably get down to central/south Jersey (like New Brunswick or Princeton area). But I'd like to know a little bit more about the tank that you have. For example, what sorts of lights and other features on it? I've seen the more recent JBJ 12 gallons on various websites, but I wonder what changes have been made in the past couple years.
Also, I know that I've read that some JBJs in the past had leaking issues, and it seemed like it was the earlier models that were problematic. Does anyone know anything about that?