Wanted: Sugestions on new tank!

michaelb

I am just about done setting up my new tank. It is a 35 gal., a skimmer, two filters (4 times recommended capacity), 50 lbs. of live rock, and a few damsels i used for activation of the tank (I figure they will go). I would like to set up a very colorful reef tank with a few fish. My main problem is that i have no way to see what all the coral looks like off of this site, just names. Any sugestions on an ideal complete set up would be greatlt appreciated.

imperator

Best advice I can give you is purchase a book on either reef tanks or a coral ID guide. Do your research based on what your willing to provide(ie. VHO, Metal halide, PC, intense water movement,etc.) This way you know everything needed for the species that you buy.

sharkbait

I agree with Imperator get a book! You can go to most book stores at the mall and find great photos. I recently bought "The Marine Aquarium Problem Solver" by Nick Dakin. It talks about all the basic and plenty of pics on marine groups. What fish and verts are compatible with each other. It help me understand the Nitrogen cycle and causes and effects from it.