wanted- used Berlin turbo protien skimmer, etc...

susan

Does anyone have the following used items they'd like to sell?
100 gal rectangular tank MH light set up with reflectors, fans, dimmer, etc, and whatever bulbs best for a reef tank. (or I'll get bulbs myself)
Berlin turbo protien skimmer with a 200-250 gal rating they'd like to sell?
a home made sump set up with pumps and external overflows for a 100 gal tank (I've given up on making my own- to confusing for a newby)
A reverse osmosis filter (for a rubbermaid trash can holding water changes)
2 pulsating power heads (stong enough for a 100gal reef tank)
A 40watt UV steriliser
2 150watt automatic heaters (pref digital
anything else I may need to set up.
Thanks!
(You can e-mail directly at rhague@metrocast.com)

susan

It's new?! Why don't you want it? Not that I'm complaining...
Cool, this skimmer has come highly recommended although I still have a few qs about it.
What size tank is yours rated for? (I'll be putting it in a 100 gal reef tank with LR and LS)
This is the one that sits on the floor right? What are it's dimentions?
Can you place this in a sump, or will it sit beside it?
Let me talk to hubby and see if it's OK with him. I may need to wait a few weeks first. (I have to get paid)
Thanks!
Is that OK? Let me know if you're thinking of getting rid of it while waiting for me.

drkegel

I got my Berlin Turbo with the Turbo Pump for $160 new from <a href="http://www.***************.com." target="_blank">www.***************.com.</a> They are usually pretty tough to beat price-wise. I got the in sump model, but they have the hang-ons too.
The have anything you can need for your tank there, and I've not seen their prices beaten very often.
It takes 3-5 days for them to ship me the stuff I need once it's ordered.

susan

This sounds stupid but can the stand kind sit out of the sump but be still be used for it?
I'll check the website out. Thanks! It's a deal at 165-175- no matter who has it though. It's much more from my local LFS.

drkegel

Yeah, the sale must have ended, although its 189 not 199, and they are sold out. They do drop ship stuff from the factory right to your door though, and very friendly/helpful people.
I got mine for $160 a week or so ago.
And yes, the stand kind does not have to be in the sump, although it does require some plumbing work to do set it outside of it. The pump has to be submerged in the sump though.

ebeckels

RedSea Berlin Turbo with pump
Customer Rating: not yet rated
Code: BERLIN-T
Price: $189.95
Sorry, we are currently sold out of 'RedSea Berlin Turbo with pump'. Please check back later.
Quantity in Basket: none

susan

OK, so what you're saying is this skimmer can stand on it's own outside the sump if you hook it us a certain way. Do the directions tell you how?
The skimmer it tall. The ENTIRE thing needs to be submerged? Why? I've never seen one submerged. Of course I've never seen one in a sump either...
Please let me know...
I want to get the skimmer and set up the sump later. Therefore, I need to know how to hook the sucker up if I get a sump later and want to use it with that.
Thanks!

drkegel

Susan-
I appreciate your yearning to know more about this hobby. If only everyone worked as hard to learn about this hobby....
Anyway, when I said that the skimmer can be submerged, I meant it can be put in the sump in the water. It cannot be completely submerged. When you get the skimmer, the directions will tell you how to do everything you need to do. If your confused about how the plumbing works, the people at Home Depot can usually be counted on to help out pretty well.
My advice to you, get the skimmer, read the directions, and if your still confused, post more here. The skimmer is very flexible, as far as installation.

Just to let you know susan, if you buy a in sump model skimmer, then you need the sump to hook up the skimmer!! you can't hook up the skimmer and then add the sump later on! just thought i would inform you on that since nobody else spotted that one. ;)

susan

Thanks for the advise guys, I feel like I'm being a major burden asking all these qs. I do read you know, I've just got all these qs!!
Anyway, I think having some pictures (not just diagrams)of various peoples tank setups (incl sumps)would do wonders. I'd like to see the different ways you do this andwhat looks better)
I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks!