watching DT with magnifying glass, anyone??

scrapman

I have never seen a post even remotedly mentioning the use of magnifying glass to study/watch/enjoy your DT.
My family tells me I'am crazy...
I sit and spend a lot of time studying/watching/enjoying my DT (LR/LS) with a magnifying glass.... IT IS AMAZING!! I even plan to do it at night with a red plexigrass on a flash light (as a member suggested).... even crazier!
Is anybody there at this terminal stage????

seannmelly

lol, my dad sits in the chair and looks through binoculars(sp). he says it looks like hes right in the tank swimming with the fish.

wattsupdoc

I have one of those um...toy CSI kits, with a magnifying glass, a microscope and some other doodas. They all work pretty good too!
I'm getting out the binoculars right now
I hadnt thought of that! THANKS...er uh dont go round tellin people ,OK?

seannmelly

he keeps them in the little armrest compartment of his chair, everyone that comes over he makes them look at the tank through them. its kinda funny to see people looking at a tank with binoculars

Boy Howdy! I love you guys! My family thought I was crazy sitting there watching the sand and LR with a magnifying glass by the hour. Then I added a small cleaning crew, so I have all kinds of things to magnify. And yes, I do have a life, its just that right now, it is centered around my reef tank!

sdascher

I have always used a 10X eye loop and my hubby thought I lost it over 8 years ago with my face right up against the glass to see "whats going on"!! Today ..... I still have my loop and a hand held magnifying glass at every tank!!

earlybird

my father in law has the coolest magnifying glass it has both white and red LED lights. I thought the red would be great at night.

scrapman

Originally Posted by earlybird
my father in law has the coolest magnifying glass it has both white and red LED lights. I thought the red would be great at night.
Please, what kind of magnifying glass is it?

autofreak44

wow now i wanna join in on all the fun! now i just need to think up an excuse for being such a "salt-adict"... im shure this will push me over the edge! i can see it now. "dallas we have to talk to you"... "yes?" .... "we feel that your saltwater hobby has brought you down to a now low, and were having an intervention"
yup thats what it will come to lol now im going to go get some magnifyng glass and binocs... lol

azfishgal

Originally Posted by seannmelly
he keeps them in the little armrest compartment of his chair, everyone that comes over he makes them look at the tank through them. its kinda funny to see people looking at a tank with binoculars
:hilarious
Well, I do stare at my tank for hours, just waiting for something to happen. ***) Keep in mind I only have a clean up crew in it right now with two feather dusters. Imagine what will happen when I actually add fish and coral. My poor family is going to be soooo neglected.

earlybird

Originally Posted by scrapman
Please, what kind of magnifying glass is it?
I dunno? I looked and he said it was given to him by a co-worker who no longer works with him. I think he's going to give it to me. It's sweet.

shoreshot

You guys are great! I am at the point when I bring out the lens my fish all rush over and look back at me. My clown fish is especially interested in this big eye looking at him. He has to be right in the middle all of the time. I have named him Bob. The way my family talks about him it is like he is a person. Just the other day my husband remarked the bedroom could use a straightening up if Bob will give you some time today!

trainfever

I have a visor that has magnifying lense that flips down. You can change the lens for different magnification. I bought it years ago for repairing trains but now I've been using it to look at my tank.

kiharaconn

I'm so glad to hear everyone else is doing this. I wear contacts so in the evening when I take them out I turn out all the lights in the den and get really close to look. Its amazing what you can see. I had one of those tiny tanks and only had lr in it but I was shocked what all was in there. It had a deep sand bed and there were all kinds of worms and things in there. I loved it. But I never thought about getting my binoculars out. So I know what I'll be doing tonight. I also love getting up in the middle of the night and looking with my flashlight. There's some things in there that will make you think twice about sticking your arm in. I've been losing fish over the last several months and keep hoping one night when I'm looking I'll find the murderer.